Robert A. Schwartz concentrates on mergers and acquisitions, and bank regulatory and securities law.
Mr. Schwartz represents both underwriters and issuers in a variety of capital-raising transactions, including:
- public offerings,
- private placements, and
- mutual-to-stock conversions of thrift institutions.
In addition, he represents both acquirers and sellers in merger and acquisition transactions, as well as a range of financial institutions in connection with regulatory matters, including holding company reorganizations.
Mr. Schwartz also counsels a variety of business entities on general issues of business law, such as:
- executive compensation,
- contract review,
- joint venture formation,
- succession planning,
- and other general business issues.
- NJBIZ Vanguard Series "Leaders in Law" (June 25, 2018).
- The Best Lawyers in America - Nominated in the categories of Banking & Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions and Litigation - M&A (2018-2020).
- NJBIZ's "Power 50 Banking" List - An annual review of New Jersey's banking industry leaders, which placed Mr. Schwartz among the top ten (October 3, 2011).
- New Jersey Bankers Association
- New York Bankers Association
- Best Lawyers in America 2020 Recognizes 16 Windels Marx Lawyers - Aug 15, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America 2019 Recognizes 14 Lawyers, 2 Named "Lawyer of the Year" - Aug 15, 2018
- NJBIZ Announces Vanguard Series "Leaders in Law" with Bob Schwartz, Julie Tattoni - Jun 25, 2018
- Best Lawyers in America 2018 Names 11 from Windels Marx - Aug 15, 2017
- Law 360 Reports News of Schwartz, Krauss, Matthews Acquisition Deal - Jun 19, 2017
- Windels Marx Closes First Bank Private Placement - May 28, 2015
- Windels Marx Closes OceanFirst Bank Merger Agreement - Mar 13, 2015
- Bob Schwartz, Greg Krauss and John Bitar Represent Colonial Financial Services in $55 Million Acquisition by Cape Bancorp - Sep 11, 2014
- American Banker Article Highlights Firm's Success on Bank Merger Cases - Sep 5, 2014
- Bob Schwartz, Greg Krauss and Team Represent New Jersey Bank in $5 Million Subordinated Debt Investment - May 19, 2014
- Bob Schwartz and Greg Krauss Counsel Poughkeepsie-Based Bank in Strategic Merger Agreement - Mar 20, 2014
- Bob Schwartz, Andrew Craig and Team Represent ConnectOne in $243 Million Merger of New Jersey Banks - Jan 23, 2014
- Bob Schwartz Counsels First Bank in Heritage Acquisition - Jul 16, 2013
- Bob Schwartz, Greg Krauss Represent New Jersey Based Korean-American Bank in $32.5 Million Acquisition by Wilshire Bancorp - Jun 10, 2013
- Bob Schwartz and John Bitar Represent New Jersey Bank in Merger and $27 Million Acquisition - Jun 7, 2013
- Clark Alpert, Robert Schwartz and David Butler Resolve Shareholder Litigation to Preserve Merger of New Jersey Banks - May 1, 2013
- Bob Schwartz, John Bitar, Greg Krauss Counsel Bank's Switch to New Jersey State Charter - Feb 11, 2013
- Bob Schwartz Quoted on E-Security Measures for Company Bank Accounts - Jul 18, 2012
- Bob Schwartz Quoted on Corporate Governance at NJ Community Bank - Jun 14, 2012
- Bob Schwartz Quoted on Impact of JOBS Act on Small New Jersey Banks - May 22, 2012
- Bob Schwartz Quoted on New Trading Auction System for Shares of Privately Held Community Banks - Apr 13, 2012
- Bob Schwartz Quoted on Regulatory Impact for Small Banks - Feb 13, 2012
- Bob Schwartz Quoted on OCC's Steps to Ensure NJ Bank Can Address Anti-Money Laundering - Dec 6, 2011
- Bob Schwartz Among Top Ten of "Power 50 Banking" in NJBiz - Oct 3, 2011
- Bob Schwartz Quoted on Trends in New Bank Formation - May 10, 2011
- Corporate & Securities
- General Corporate Matters
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Formation & Finance
- Financial Transactions
- White Collar Defense & Corporate Investigations
- COVID-19 Resources
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1988
- B.A., Fordham College, 1985
- New Jersey
- New York