White Collar Defense & Corporate Investigations
Experienced in complicated investigations and complex trials across the country, our seasoned lawyers work closely with businesses and individuals facing intensive federal, state, and local government scrutiny. Our attorneys bring a breadth of experience as former federal and state prosecutors to address, promptly and responsively, the intricate factual and legal issues typically involved in serious prosecutorial attention. Our goal is always to counter-investigate, anticipate, and foreclose or resolve such inquiries.
Often we face and satisfactorily resolve a complex combination of multiple interrelated litigated matters, so-called parallel proceedings, which may include one or more civil lawsuits, class actions, regulatory inquiries, administrative proceedings, grand jury investigations, and accusatory criminal instruments. Frequently, our Firm's deep level of experience in the finance, insurance, real estate, and health care industries provides invaluable insight into the complexity of the challenge presented, and instant teamwork.
Whether the initiating event is from sources on the inside, as an anonymous whistleblower, or the outside, as a grand jury or regulatory subpoena, these matters often necessitate confidential internal investigations of corporate departments or functions with highly sensitive reports to management or board committees. In addition, as a necessary adjunct to effective legal counseling in the area of parallel proceedings, we advise clients on corporate compliance programs. Our counsel in this regard can involve a legal audit of virtually any corporate function or area, from human resources and people-centered issues to environmental and facilities-centered issues, from finance and tax to corporate governance.
- Won jury acquittals of corporate executives and public officials in felony prosecutions.
- Effectively represented a health care client through a multi-million dollar Medicare fraud investigation, avoiding any individual or corporate criminal charges.
- Successfully advocated for a physician client's immunized testimony in lieu of target status in a fraud and abuse investigation.
- Won the only jury acquittal of a securities fraud prosecution in the U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, during the past dozen years.
- Obtained a federal jury acquittal of our corporate executive client who was charged with obstruction of justice by ordering document and data destruction.
Brad Simon Talks to the Daily News on SDNY Case Involving Venezuelan Politician - Nov 3, 2020
Brad Simon Talks to NY Post on Quibi Video Start-Up, Looming Litigation - Jun 19, 2020
Brad Simon Talks New Developments in Varsity Blues Case - May 26, 2020
Brad Simon Quoted on Mueller Case, Law360 - Mar 20, 2020
Brad Simon, Jeff Hoffman Featured Among NY's Top Criminal Defense Lawyers - Nov 25, 2019
Windels Marx Enhances White Collar Practice with Addition of Bradley D. Simon as Partner - Nov 4, 2019
Jeff Hoffman Quoted on Boeing 737 Troubles - Oct 28, 2019
Jeff Hoffman Quoted In Law360 - Dec 27, 2018
New York Magazine Announces "Leaders in Law 2018" - Arbeeny, Hoffman, Mody Named to List - Jun 27, 2018
Jeff Hoffman Joins Windels Marx, Expands Firm's Criminal Defense Capabilities - Mar 23, 2017