Jeff Hoffman concentrates his litigation practice in white collar defense and investigations matters, with more than 40 years of criminal defense experience in representing politicians, business leaders, attorneys, and many others in scores of federal and state cases.
Over the last decade, while continuing to represent individuals in a broad range of white collar defense matters, approximately one-third of Mr. Hoffman’s practice focused on representing lawyers who face criminal charges and licensing issues. In his forty-plus years as a lawyer, he has tried more than 100 criminal jury trials. These trials include mail fraud, securities fraud, bank fraud, mortgage fraud, Ponzi schemes, etc. He has also represented clients charged in foreign jurisdictions with related extradition proceedings.
Additionally, he has represented clients in matters involving money laundering, criminal forfeiture of property and restitution. Mr. Hoffman’s experience also includes aspects of matrimonial disputes.
A frequent speaker, Mr. Hoffman has:
- appeared as a guest lecturer at the University of Missouri Law School;
- appeared on network news stations including ABC, CBS and CNN;
- lectured judicial law clerks for the federal district courts of New Jersey; and
- spoken before the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and various local bar associations.
- May 22, 2018 - "White-Collar Crime: Keeping Cases Out of the Courtroom" - The Crime Report
- December 11, 2017 - “Why is Internet Gambling a Crime?” – The Crime Report
- Designated by Martindale-Hubbell® as an AV Preeminent® attorney (December 2018)
- Named to Leaders in Law 2018 - New York Magazine (June 2018)
- Brad Simon, Jeff Hoffman Featured Among NY's Top Criminal Defense Lawyers - Nov 25, 2019
- Jeff Hoffman Quoted on Boeing 737 Troubles - Oct 28, 2019
- Jeff Hoffman Quoted In Law360 - Dec 27, 2018
- New York Magazine Announces "Leaders in Law 2018" - Arbeeny, Hoffman, Mody Named to List - Jun 27, 2018
- Jeff Hoffman Discusses Keeping Cases Out of the Courtroom in The Crime Report - May 22, 2018
- Jeff Hoffman Sheds Light On Illegal Gambling in The Crime Report - Dec 11, 2017
- Jeff Hoffman Joins Windels Marx, Expands Firm's Criminal Defense Capabilities - Mar 23, 2017
- Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Litigation
- White Collar Defense & Corporate Investigations
- J.D., New York University School of Law
- B.A., George Washington University
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit