Build a Career Here
Many lawyers and legal professionals have cultivated a rewarding career at Windels Marx and its legacy firms.
- Our full service practice serves a range of commercial, familial and individual needs across industries, including: banking and financial services, energy/environmental, government/public interests, healthcare, insurance, non-profit interests, real estate, transportation and technology.
- Our offices are located in the Northeast section of the United States, and our representations include global, national and local interests.
- We require legal work of the highest quality, but maintain that standard within an organization that is not as formally structured as larger, institutionalized firms. In hiring, we look to academic achievement, experience, character and motivation. Skill in a foreign language and law review or equivalent writing experience are valuable attributes. We seek those whose high professional standards and initiative will be likely to qualify them for Firm membership at the appropriate time.
- We prefer, but do not require, students in the top one-third of their class. Ideal candidates will have developed their research and writing skills through work on a journal, in moot court or through full or part-time employment.
- 2L law students are considered eligible for our Summer Program
- Windels Marx, whose legacy firms date back to the 1830s, reached a significant milestone on January 1, 2000, when the firm of Lane & Mittendorf joined with Windels, Marx, Davies & Ives, and our size increased to more than 100 lawyers.
- Windels Marx interviews at schools with minority enrollment and subscribes to the Statement of Goals for Increasing Minority Representation and Retention of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
- The firm is a sponsor of the New York County Lawyers Association Minority Student Judicial Internship.
- Partners or counsel interested in exploring how we can work together may contact our Managing Partner, Bob Luddy.
- Law students, address inquiries to: Attn: Hiring Coordinator / Hiring Partner, Windels Marx Lane & Mittendorf, LLP, 156 West 56th Street, New York, NY 10019.
- Legal professionals, send information Attn: Hiring Coordinator / Hiring Partner, Windels Marx Lane & Mittendorf, LLP, 156 West 56th Street, New York, NY 10019.
Windels Marx is committed to providing equal opportunity in all personnel actions, including recruitment, employment, assignment and training. Learn more about Diversity at Windels Marx.
- Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
- Corporate & Securities
- COVID-19 Response & Resources
- Employment & Employee Benefits
- Environmental Law
- Financial Transactions
- Governmental Relations
- Health Law
- Infrastructure Development & Finance
- IP Hatch-Waxman Act
- IP Licensing Litigation
- IP, Technology & e-Commerce
- Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Private Client Services, Estates & Trusts
- Public Finance & Not-for-Profit
- Real Estate
- Renewable Energy & Sustainability
- Tax Lien & Mortgage Foreclosure
- Workouts & Restructurings
- Banking & Finance
- Energy & Environmental
- Government & Tobacco Interests
- Real Estate
- Technology & Intellectual Property
- Transportation Industry