Windels Marx actively supports and is committed to promoting diversity and equal opportunity in all of its professional, administrative and non-legal personnel actions, including recruitment, employment, assignment and training. Minority representation is evident at all employment levels within the Firm – partner, counsel, associate attorney, administrative and managerial, and non-legal support positions.
Our commitment to diversity is demonstrated through various quantitative and qualitative measures, including:
- Our long-standing efforts to promote hiring and advancement of minorities within the Firm, including recruiting from minority programs at law schools and within the communities we serve.
- The establishment of Windels Marx Women, an affinity group that includes all levels of women lawyers who organize around business development, networking and mentoring opportunities.
- The establishment of the Windels Marx Diversity Scholarship at Brooklyn Law School, which advances diversity in the legal profession.
- Our commitment to the Statement of Goals for Increasing Minority Representation and Retention of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, and our sponsorship of the New York County Attorneys Association Minority Student Judicial Internship.
In staffing matters, we make deliberate and continuous efforts to utilize a diverse group of attorneys that are reflective of both minority groups and women. In addition, we make contributions of time and sponsorship investments to forums that amplify our clients’ goals for diversity and promote connections with practitioners and resources that are similarly aligned.
- Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
- Corporate & Securities
- COVID-19 Response & Resources
- Employment & Employee Benefits
- Environmental Law
- Financial Transactions
- Governmental Relations
- Health Law
- Infrastructure Development & Finance
- IP Hatch-Waxman Act
- IP Licensing Litigation
- IP, Technology & e-Commerce
- Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Private Client Services, Estates & Trusts
- Public Finance & Not-for-Profit
- Real Estate
- Renewable Energy & Sustainability
- Tax Lien & Mortgage Foreclosure
- Workouts & Restructurings
- Banking & Finance
- Energy & Environmental
- Government & Tobacco Interests
- Real Estate
- Technology & Intellectual Property
- Transportation Industry