Mergers & Acquisitions
Our attorneys have significant experience with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, and joint ventures. We advise and assist public and private enterprises - as both buyers and sellers - with all aspects of these undertakings, including stock- and cash-based transactions, tender offers, proxy contests, and due diligence.
- Acted as United States counsel in connection with the merger of minerals and mining companies with assets of more than $3 billion.
- Represented the holder of FCC regulated PCS licenses in a series of sale transactions to multiple buyers with an aggregate purchase price of approximately $150 million.
- Structured and negotiated the $100 million sale of an aviation components manufacturing business.
- Served as counsel to public utilities in their mergers, corporate reorganizations, asset divestitures and acquisitions.
- Represented multiple parties in the private sale of a noteworthy wine and spirits industry business involving complex state liquor and bulk sale laws, tax, employment, operating and trademark considerations.
- Represented a major New Jersey real estate developer in its corporate restructuring which included an exchange of equity securities and a spinoff of development properties into a newly formed entity.
- Represented a secured lender in the foreclosure on and subsequent sale of an equity interest in an entity which owned an ethanol plant in Iowa.
- Acted as U.S. counsel to a U.S. denim manufacturer in the acquisition of a denim mill located in Milan, Italy.
- Represented the purchaser of a speech therapy business and the subsequent sale of such business to a major health care company.
- Represented the seller of a metal stamping business headquartered in the United States and with operations in the People's Republic of China.
- Represented Dataram, a Princeton-based manufacturer of memory products and provider of performance solutions, in its acquisition of U.S. Gold, a gold exploration and development company.
- Represented a Canadian manufacturer in the acquisition of a series of machinery manufacturing plants and related assets in the United States, including one auction under Bankruptcy Court supervision.
- Developed practical and economical procedures for a large foreign client to acquire a series of small start-up companies in the United States.
- Represented numerous buyers and sellers of restaurants located throughout the New York City area.
- Represented a registered FINRA broker-dealer firm in connection with the merger with a publicly registered broker-dealer firm.
M&A Matters in the Banking Industry
- Represented ConnectOne Bancorp, Inc. in its $243 million merger with Center Bancorp, Inc. to form the fourth largest bank headquartered in New Jersey.
- Represented Team Capital Bank in connection with its $122 million acquisition by Provident Financial Services and merger into The Provident Bank, forming a bank with $8.2 billion in combined assets and 90 branches in 13 counties in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Represented South Jersey-based Colonial Financial Services, Inc. in connection with its acquisition by Cape Bancorp, Inc. for approximately $55 million, forming a combined bank with an estimated $1.6 billion in assets and 22 locations throughout New Jersey.
- Represented BankAsiana, the largest Korean-American bank headquartered in the New York/New Jersey market with total assets of $207.3 million, in connection with its acquisition by Wilshire Bancorp for approximately $32.5 million.
- Represented Riverside Bank in its $28 million merger agreement with Salisbury Bancorp, Inc., forming a bank with approximately $808 million in total assets, $630 million in total loans and $682 million in total deposits with 13 branch locations across Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York.
- Represented Hilltop Community Bancorp, Inc., parent company of Hilltop Community Bank, in the execution of a Merger Agreement that provides for its acquisition by Haven Bancorp, Inc., parent company of Haven Savings Bank, for approximately $27 million.
Charles Damato Recognized by AI Magazine for M&A, Commodities and More - Aug 30, 2018
Bob Schwartz and Greg Krauss Counsel Poughkeepsie-Based Bank in Strategic Merger Agreement - Mar 20, 2014
Bob Schwartz, Andrew Craig and Team Represent ConnectOne in $243 Million Merger of New Jersey Banks - Jan 23, 2014
Bob Schwartz, Greg Krauss Represent New Jersey Based Korean-American Bank in $32.5 Million Acquisition by Wilshire Bancorp - Jun 10, 2013