We represent issuers and underwriters in a broad range of corporate securities and municipal bond transactions, including public offerings, institutional private placements of securities, and securitizations. We help clients comply with Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC rules and periodic reporting obligations, stock exchange listing requirements, and proxy solicitation rules.
We also represent broker-dealer firms, investment advisors, hedge funds, and commodities pools in connection with formation, regulatory compliance, acquisition, sale, and other matters.
- Assisted in the formation of a real estate fund having both U.S. and international investors.
- Advised on American securities and business law in connection with the establishment of an international company with over $5 billion in assets.
- Represented the placement agent in the placement and sale of over $1 billion of asset-backed securities, securitizing credit card, auto loan, medical and lease receivables and other contract rights.
- Advised foreign companies on U.S. securities law, listing on the U.S. stock exchanges and the establishment of alternative dispute resolution programs.
- Represented biotechnology mutual funds in private equity investments in publicly traded entities.
- Advised an equipment manufacturer headquartered in Europe, with operations in the United States, on the sale of its stock.
- Counseled the underwriter of $250 million first mortgage bonds issued by a public utility.
- Acted as United States counsel to a multinational mining and metals company in the acquisition of $350 million of secured export notes issued by a Brazilian mining company.
- Counseled two investment advisory groups in the creation of investment funds supported by the Overseas Private Investment Corporation; one fund was designed to make direct equity investments in businesses located or operating in sub-Saharan Africa, while the other was formed to make direct equity and real estate-related investments in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia.