Our attorneys represent insurers in a wide range of litigation matters, including disputes over coverage, bad faith claims, and allegations of fraud in premium accounting and other practices. Our extensive experience with insurance coverage and regulatory matters - combined with our understanding of complex policy terms, conditions, and exclusions - makes us well qualified to handle any insurance litigation that comes along.
- Represented, on an ongoing basis, a number of insurance carriers in the defense of claims as a result of catastrophic weather and other circumstances, including Hurricane Sandy.
- Represented state and national insurance trade organizations that intervened and successfully opposed an appeal filed by several physicians groups challenging a revised and expanded PIP schedule issued by the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance.
- Obtained summary judgment for an insurer regarding the application of a casualty policy's pollution exclusion for a $20 million plus claim arising from nearly 30 years waste disposal from a manufacturing facility in Massachusetts.
- Represented life, health, and disability insurance companies in claims involving misrepresentation, fraud, disability, suicide, and accidental death -- millions of dollars in claims have been saved or recovered in these matters.
- Appeared before the United States Supreme Court on behalf of the commercial health insurance industry in an ERISA-based challenge to New York State's method of regulating hospital rates.
- Successfully defended class action suits involving auto, homeowners, and credit insurance policies.
- Represented the insurance industry in various challenges brought by American Trial Lawyers Association of New Jersey's latest auto reform legislation, implementing regulations and policy forms.
- Represented the insurance industry before the New Jersey Supreme Court concerning whether an agent has a private cause of action to enforce the state's insurance laws.
Successful Defeat of General Motors Trust's Claims for Insurance Coverage In Delaware Supreme Court - Sep 4, 2018
Tanya Mascarich on Insurance Assignment Rights in Law360 - Nov 9, 2016
David Swerdlow and John Noorlander Obtain Appellate Reversal on Behalf of Insurance Client - Aug 10, 2011
COVID-19 - NJ Legislature Bill To Assist Small Businesses Clears Senate - Mar 19, 2020
New NY Laws Passed for Black Car, Limo and Bus Companies – Insurance, Drug/Alcohol, Seat Belts, and More! - Jan 10, 2020