* Not admitted in New York or New Jersey
Christine Gustafson is Tax Counsel, resident in the Madison, NJ office.
Ms. Gustafson provides tax counseling, consulting, compliance services and defense of same. She is a noted thought leader on state tax matters and is well versed in federal tax matters.
She has counseled clients regarding the impact of FIN 48 and FAS 5, as well as matters pertaining to process improvement. She has also counseled numerous clients on tax aspects of transactional issues, restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence and spin-offs.
Representative Matters of Note
- Successfully litigated statutory and constitutional issues pertaining to a retaliatory tax matter for a multi-national insurance company in the state of Illinois.
- Provided audit defense counsel pertaining to a retaliatory tax matter for a multi-state insurance company in the state of Florida.
- Secured state income tax voluntary disclosure agreements for a multi-national company.
- Provided comprehensive state tax analysis for a multi-national company.
- Counseled a multi-national client on federal excise tax matters.
- Litigated statutory and constitutional issues pertaining to a state income tax matter for a nationally-known real estate service provider.
- Counseled an insurance broker in matters relating to sales and use taxes on internet sales in more than 15 states.
- Counseled a national restaurant company with $4 billion annual revenue on captive insurance company tax issues.
- Served as tax coordinator in the merger of two major utility corporations.
- Negotiated a state tax audit matter from $2 million to $80 thousand for a multi-national insurer with $100 billion annual premium.
She is admitted to practice in Wisconsin.
- Contributor to Lexis-Nexis Insights
- Nominated for the Professional Women's Network "Successful Woman Award"
- Christine A. Gustafson Joins Windels Marx as Tax Counsel - Nov 11, 2015