Through our representation of numerous foreign banks and the increasingly international nature of our banking clients' customers, we have developed extensive skill in cross-border financing. Our services range from structuring transactions to take full advantage of different tax regimes to negotiating the intricacies of lien creation and perfection with respect to assets located all over the world.
To serve our clients internationally, we serve the U.S. interests of global banks and financial institutions. In addition, we have also developed strong working relationships with numerous foreign firms comparable to us in size, experience and approach. Like us, many of these foreign firms are members of the Alliance of Business Lawyers, a highly regarded network of mid-sized business law firms that spans the globe.
- Represented a Canadian lender on a $325 million multi-currency revolving credit facility with a $100 million potential increase at the anniversary date, for a maximum available credit amount up to $425 million (the borrower had assets across four countries: Canada, the U.S., the Netherlands and Germany).
- Represented the agent bank in a $350 million secured revolving credit facility to a large biotechnology company with operations in North America and Europe.
- Represented a large European bank in the $178 million restructuring of a multi-state portfolio of commercial mortgage real estate loans, simultaneously with a restructuring of other distressed commercial real estate assets in Europe.
- Represented the agent bank in a $150 million Canadian dollar refinancing of the debt of a Canadian manufacturer and distributor of kitchen and bath cabinets with numerous U.S. and European subsidiaries.
- Represented a large European bank in the refinancing of an existing $126 million mortgage loan on a Class A, architecturally noted office building on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, DC.
- Represented a major foreign bank, in connection with a $21 million secured credit facility to an Indian pharmaceutical company with substantial U.S. operations.
- Represented a large U.S. bank, in connection with a $9 million senior secured credit facility to a U.S. electronic publisher and its European subsidiary.