Gary E. Walsh has extensive experience representing states and municipalities, state and local agencies, banks and investment banks in connection with the issuance of tax-exempt and taxable bonds for numerous purposes. These financings have included projects for toll roads, bridges and tunnels, mass transit, health care facilities, educational facilities, low and moderate income housing facilities, economic development and redevelopment facilities, and general public improvement facilities. Mr. Walsh is the head of the Public & Not-for-Profit Finance Practice Group.
Mr. Walsh began his public finance practice in 1977 with Mudge, Rose, Guthrie & Alexander, and established a public finance practice at Riker, Danzig, Scherer, Hyland & Perretti, LLP, where he was a partner until joining Windels Marx in October 2005.
Mr. Walsh served as a Commissioner for the Somerset County Park Commission. For Felician University, Mr. Walsh serves on the board and both the Finance and Audit Committees. He is a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers, an elected fellow to, and served as an officer and board member of, the American College of Bond Counsel and is an officer of the Princeton University Class of 1971. Mr. Walsh was also elected to the Matawan Aberdeen Regional High School Hall of Fame in 2002.
- Mr. Walsh was selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers 2016 for Government Finance and Securities & Corporate Finance Law in New Jersey.
- Mr. Walsh was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for Banking & Finance Law (2016-2020). In 2019, he was also named by the same publication "Lawyer of the Year" for the category of Banking & Finance Law.
- Best Lawyers in America 2020 Recognizes 16 Windels Marx Lawyers - Aug 15, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America 2019 Recognizes 14 Lawyers, 2 Named "Lawyer of the Year" - Aug 15, 2018
- Best Lawyers in America 2018 Names 11 from Windels Marx - Aug 15, 2017
- Super Lawyers New Jersey 2016 Roster Announced - Sep 21, 2016
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 8 Lawyers, Majority from NJ Offices - Aug 15, 2016
- Best Lawyers 2016 - Nov 13, 2015
- Deal Announcement - Tony Coscia, Chuck Liebling and Team Close $300 Million Financing of Rutgers University Redevelopment Project - Sep 19, 2013
- John Bitar and Gary Walsh Represent Prominent Bank in Purchase of $100 Million NJTA Revenue Bond - Jun 14, 2013
- Windels Marx Ranks 5th in New Jersey Public Financings for Mid-Year 2011 - Aug 26, 2011
- Gary Walsh, Maryann Kicenuik and Team Close a $100.6 Million Restructuring Financing - Aug 15, 2011
- Windels Marx Hosts Healthcare Roundtable on May 16th - May 16, 2012