Kim M. Longo represents debtors, trustees, creditors and other parties in interest in bankruptcy proceedings of varying sizes. Her bankruptcy experience spans the many stages of reorganization and liquidation, including general estate administration, the assumption and rejection of contracts, the sale of some or all of a debtor's assets, the prosecution of avoidance and other actions, and the determination of claims. Most recently, Ms. Longo has been a supervising attorney in the firm's representation of the Trustee for the SIPA liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC.
Ms. Longo has significant experience representing secured and unsecured lenders, borrowers, and equity participants in connection with the origination and restructuring of various financings, including senior, bridge, and mezzanine loans, joint ventures, lines of credit, syndicated loan participations, and factoring arrangements. She also reviews and negotiates legal opinions and provides advice as to the structuring of transactions to address bankruptcy concerns.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Longo was an associate in the financial restructuring department of a large New York-based law firm. While attending New York University School of Law, Ms. Longo was a member of the Annual Survey of American Law. She worked as an accountant prior to receiving her law degree, earning her license as a Certified Public Accountant.
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, Member
- Turnaround Management Association, Member and Vice Chair of the Network of Women (NOW) Committee
- The Best Lawyers in America - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2019-2020)
- 2019 New York's Top Rated Lawyers, published by the New York Law Journal (December 2019)
- NYLJ Publishes 2019 Top Rated Lawyers, 6 Partners Recognized - Dec 9, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America 2020 Recognizes 16 Windels Marx Lawyers - Aug 15, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America 2019 Recognizes 14 Lawyers, 2 Named "Lawyer of the Year" - Aug 15, 2018
- Court Approves $62 Million Recovery Agreement Between Madoff Trustee, Blumenfeld - Dec 5, 2014
- Windels Marx Promotes Kim M. Longo to Partner - May 8, 2012
- Financial Transactions
- Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
- Representation of Trustees
- Representation of Debtors
- Representation of Secured & Unsecured Creditors
- Bankruptcy-Related Litigation & Transactions
- COVID-19 Resources
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2001
- B.S., magna cum laude, Binghamton University, 1994
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York