Affordable Housing News Profiles NY, NJ Practice
Friday, December 12, 2014
The Winter edition of Affordable Housing News includes an article about the firm's New Jersey and New York presence. Entitled "A Head for Real Estate, A Heart for Affordable Housing," the article explores:
- the evolution of the practice,
- unique challenges in nonprofit versus for-profit development, and
- ways in which the firm helps clients anticipate what's next.
- "The presence in both New York and New Jersey is a win-win from a local, state and federal regulatory aspect. We have the framework to navigate the regulatory agencies while also effectively addressing opportunities in each market," said Michele.
- Tony said, "We have the expertise that goes back literally generations in terms of basic real estate transactions. They've become more sophisticated over time...[and] we also have experience with redevelopment and its financial aspects...[and] environmental issues. [It's] a much broader lens that gives us more perspective on how to best help clients that... have complicated issues."
- Mike offered, "Adding value is also very important. There are a lot of talented lawyers out there, but we do a lot of work with developers and refer them to [others] within the business, because we recognize those connections will create more opportunities and business for our clients down the road."