Ms. Zefferino is an accomplished litigator and maintains a diverse commercial litigation practice representing businesses, individuals, general contractors, owners, developers, and sureties, in a variety of complex disputes in New Jersey and New York.
Matters of note include:
- Represented general contractor and principals in connection with the construction of a $35 Million Dollar luxury commercial building in Times Square which involved defects of the building’s structural façade and exterior building envelope systems;
- Favorably settled mechanic’s lien/ breach of contract claims on behalf of owner of luxury residential real estate in NYC;
- Maintained breach of contract cause of action against leading U.S. engine manufacturer on behalf of technology company;
- Prevailed on dismissing motion for class certification on behalf of surety concerning prevailing wage claims filed by Plaintiffs;
- Prevailed on Motions to Dismiss complaints filed by hotel developer on behalf of general contractor and individual principals concerning alter ego, fiduciary duty, and pay when paid claims, involving two luxury hotel projects in NYC; and,
- Prevailed on dismissing claims at Summary Judgement brought by subcontractors for relief under New Jersey’s Prompt Pay Act and for unjust enrichment against developer concerning project in Weehawken, NJ.
In addition to the above, Ms. Zefferino, has substantive experience in intellectual property law as she has counseled a number of prominent brands in trademark and copyright infringement matters within the fashion industry. Prior to private practice, Ms. Zefferino worked in the Attorney General’s Office, New Jersey Division of Law, where she focused on matters of constitutional law.
Ms. Zefferino is also fluent in Italian.
- University of New Hampshire School of Law
- Daniel Webster Honors Scholar
- Moot Court - Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Competition
- St. John's University - Recipient of Academic Excellence Award
- Franklin and Marshall College - John Marshall Merit Scholar
- The Surety’s Obligations After A Contractor Default and the Timing for Exercising Such Options, The Annotated Performance Bond-AIA 312 Chapter 3, American Bar Association Publication (May 2017)
- Professional Women in Construction
- American, New Jersey, New York, New York City Bar Associations
- Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- IP, Technology & e-Commerce
- J.D., University of New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce School of Law, 2012
- M.A., International Affairs (Rome, Italy), summa cum laude, St. John's University, 2007
- B.A., Government & Sociology, cum laude, Franklin & Marshall College, 2004
- New Jersey
- New York
- New Hampshire
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York