Douglas A. Stevinson focuses on commercial, real estate, banking and employment litigation. He has experience in commercial and corporate disputes; banking matters, including lender liability defense and asset recovery; real estate litigation; contract disputes; and construction litigation.
While attending Seton Hall Law School, he served as an Articles Editor for the Seton Hall Law Review. Mr. Stevinson was also accepted to participate in the Consumer Law Clinic at Seton Hall Law School's Center for Social Justice where he received the American Bankruptcy Law Journal Prize for 1996-97.
Representative Matters of Note
- Successfully represented an oppressed shareholder of a privately-held company, and scored a $3.2 million judgment and separate attorney fee award for the client. The case involved claims under the Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act, breach of fiduciary duties, and both compensatory and punitive damages, as well as a referral to the state attorney general / prosecutor’s office for alleged criminal behavior. The case involved a successful family business with an innovative product and a renowned reputation in the science, academic, medical and defense industries. Following more than five years of litigation due to, among a myriad of issues, defense’s failure to respond to the Court’s requests, it was found that our client was routinely defrauded by the defendant, including illegal transfer of a substantial number of company assets.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Middlesex County (New Jersey) Bar Association - Member
- Township of Bedminster - Member of the Township Committee
- June 20, 2016 - Law360 - NJ High Court: Lenders Could Lose Their Mortgage Priority.
- Doug Stevinson Prevails in Unusual Case of Shareholder Oppression - Oct 11, 2016
- Rod Honecker, Doug Stevinson for Law360: "NJ High Court: Lenders Could Lose Their Mortgage Priority" - Jul 29, 2016
- NYLJ Reports on Case of First Impression for Swap Agreements - May 14, 2012
- Windels Marx Promotes Two to Partner: John Holden and Doug Stevinson - Jun 3, 2010
- Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Employment & Employee Benefits
- Class Action Defense
- Real Estate Litigation
- Workouts & Restructurings
- COVID-19 Response & Resources
- J.D., Seton Hall Law School, 1997
- B.A., American studies, Hobart College, 1994
- New Jersey
- New York