Andrew Miller handles litigation and complex corporate business arrangements, most often in the pharmaceutical industry. He served as General Counsel for a generic pharmaceutical company and has a deep understanding of the legal issues in that industry.
Mr. Miller also served as an Assistant United States Attorney litigating disputes for federal agencies, including the FDA. He has litigated numerous Hatch-Waxman (ANDA) cases as well as a variety of other matters in the pharmaceutical industry ranging from complex business torts to trademark, trade secret and contract actions. He also frequently represents pharmaceutical companies in corporate transactions ranging from supply agreements to complex licensing and joint venture arrangements.
- Generic Drugs Summit, September 2003, "Hatch-Waxman Reform - Rule Change or Legislative Fix."
- National South Asian Bar Association, June 2004, "Paragraph IV Litigation: An Indian Company Perspective."
- Pharmaceutical Antitrust Summit, April 2007, "Settling Pharmaceutical Patent Disputes."
- Licensing Executives Society, October 2007, "Early Access Agreements In Pharma."
- Pharmaceutical Antitrust Summit, April 2008, "Settling Pharmaceutical Patent Disputes."
- Montclair State University School of Business, Advanced Legal Management Program, November 2009, "What Successful Leaders Do."
- The Best Lawyers in America - Litigation - Intellectual Property (2006-2022) and Litigation - Patent (2006-2021).
- Asialaw In-house General Counsel Award, 2005.
Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- Former General Counsel, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Former Assistant United States Attorney, District of New Jersey
- American Bar Association (Member, Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Section)
- New York and New Jersey State Bar Associations, Member
- Best Lawyers in America 2022 Recognizes 22 Windels Marx Lawyers, 9 Ones to Watch - Aug 19, 2021
- IP Hatch-Waxman Act Team Has Important Victory on Behalf of Torrent Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. - Jul 20, 2021
- Best Lawyers in America 2021 Recognizes 22 Windels Marx Lawyers, 9 Ones to Watch, 4 Lawyers of the Year - Aug 20, 2020
- IP-Hatch-Waxman Act Team Garners Important Victory for Slayback Pharma Against Eagle Pharmaceuticals - May 11, 2020
- Best Lawyers in America 2020 Recognizes 16 Windels Marx Lawyers - Aug 15, 2019
- Windels Marx IP - Hatch-Waxman Team Wins Appeal for Dr. Reddy's Laboratories in esomeprazole/naproxen (Vimovo®) - May 15, 2019
- Windels Marx IP - Hatch-Waxman Team Wins a Motion For Judgment on the Pleadings for Slayback in Liquid Bendamustine (BELRAPZO®) - May 10, 2019
- Windels Marx Significantly Expands its NJ Practice with the Arrival of a Prominent Intellectual Property - Hatch-Waxman Act Practice Group - Apr 15, 2019
- IP Hatch-Waxman Act
- IP, Technology & e-Commerce
- Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- COVID-19 Response & Resources
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1980
- B.A., University at Buffalo, 1977
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York