PartnerNew York, NY
156 West 56th Street
New York, NY 10019
P 212.237.1021 P 212.237.1021 | F 212.262.1215
Alan Nisselson is on the panel of Chapter 7 trustees for the United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and has been appointed reorganization trustee in many large bankruptcy cases. Mr. Nisselson has also represented debtors, creditors, and official creditor committees in complex Chapter 11 cases. Mr. Nisselson has been appointed as a liquidating trustee for litigation trusts and has served as Special Master by the United States District Court in large and complex criminal cases. Mr. Nisselson serves on the panel of mediators for the United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Prior to joining Windels Marx, Mr. Nisselson headed the Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy Department at Brauner Baron Rosenzweig & Klein, LLP. Mr. Nisselson was an Assistant United States Attorney in the civil division of the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York and in charge of that office's bankruptcy section. He was also an associate at a well-known creditors' rights firm.
Mr. Nisselson has lectured extensively at the New York County Lawyers Association, Seton Hall University Law School, the New York State Bar Association, and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants. Mr. Nisselson is quoted regularly on bankruptcy matters in publications such as Newsweek and The New York Law Journal.
Since 2008, the Metro New York edition of SuperLawyers has acknowledged Mr. Nisselson's work in the Bankruptcy and Creditor / Debtor Rights category. In 2023, The Best Lawyers in America recognized him in the category of Litigation - Bankruptcy.
- Best Lawyers in America 2023 Recognizes 25 Windels Marx Lawyers, 9 Ones to Watch, 4 Lawyers of the Year - Aug 18, 2022
- For 2021, Super Lawyers Recognizes 18 Lawyers in New York Metro and Rising Stars Editions - Sep 30, 2021
- For 2020, Super Lawyers Recognizes 17 Lawyers in New York Metro and Rising Stars Editions - Oct 28, 2020
- Super Lawyers Recognizes 15 Windels Marx Lawyers on New York Metro, Rising Stars Lists - Sep 12, 2019
- New York Metro Edition of Super Lawyers Recognizes 14 Lawyers - Sep 13, 2018
- Nisselson, Simon, Barr Make News Again with Galleon Case - Jun 19, 2017
- Super Lawyers New York Metro 2016 Roster Announced - Sep 21, 2016
- Super Lawyers New York Metro 2015 Roster Announced - Sep 16, 2015
- New York Metro SuperLawyers Names 20 Windels Marx Lawyers to 2014 Edition - Sep 23, 2014
- Windels Marx Represented on Super Lawyers' List of Top Attorneys - Mar 25, 2014
- Super Lawyers Honors Windels Marx Attorneys in New York - Sep 20, 2011
- Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
- Representation of Trustees
- Bankruptcy-Related Litigation & Transactions
- Workouts & Restructurings
- COVID-19 Response & Resources
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1976
- B.A., American University, 1968
- M.B.A., New York University
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit