Ajay Kayal focuses on opinion drafting, patent litigation, and strategic client counseling in patent cases arising under the Hatch-Waxman Act. He has extensive experience in the preparation of invalidity, non-infringement, and freedom to operate opinions and notice letters in connection with Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) filings by generic pharmaceutical clients.
He routinely counsels generic pharmaceutical clients on a variety of issues, including product selection, strategy for ANDA and 505b2 NDA filings, risk assessments, and designing around process, polymorph, and formulation patents. He also collaborates with litigation teams to develop strategy and works with experts in litigation. Ajay worked as a Technical Advisor prior to and during law school. He holds a Ph.D. in Chemistry from Princeton University (2002) and a J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law - Newark (2009).
- IP-Hatch-Waxman Act Team Garners Important Victory for Slayback Pharma Against Eagle Pharmaceuticals - May 11, 2020
- Windels Marx IP - Hatch-Waxman Team Wins a Motion For Judgment on the Pleadings for Slayback in Liquid Bendamustine (BELRAPZO®) - May 10, 2019
- Windels Marx Significantly Expands its NJ Practice with the Arrival of a Prominent Intellectual Property - Hatch-Waxman Act Practice Group - Apr 15, 2019
- IP Hatch-Waxman Act
- IP, Technology & e-Commerce
- Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- COVID-19 Resources
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law - Newark, 2009
- Ph.D., Princeton University, 2002
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- United States Patent and Trademark Office