Robert McNamara possesses more than 20 years of experience in matters involving healthcare, corporate, real estate, data privacy, compliance and related matters. He has a particular focus in privacy and healthcare compliance, contracts and related management, administrative and regulatory compliance, and corporate and business law.
Prior to Windels Marx, Rob was Counsel to Saint Peter's Healthcare System, where he was tasked with:
- hospital compliance and risk assessments pertaining to data security;
- audits to ensure compliance with HIPAA Privacy Rule requirements and any compliance recommendations that may arise from them;
- ongoing HIPAA policy and compliance oversight; and
- contractual matters, including drafting, reviewing and providing guidance on vendor contracts, physician employment agreements, professional services agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, participation agreements, business associate agreements, and hospital operations contracts, among others.
Rob's healthcare industry experience also includes:
- general corporate counseling;
- agreements involving network providers, client services, and SaaS;
- anti-corruption and anti-kickback policies;
- data privacy and security; and
- certain aspects of land use issues involving medical marijuana facilities.
Prior to his work in the healthcare industry, Rob maintained both a public and private practice, including work on behalf of the New Jersey Schools Development Authority, the hospitality industry, and a residential real estate developer.
While in law school, Rob was the Book Review Editor of the Journal of High Technology Law.
- U.S. Healthcare Compliance Certificate Program - Seton Hall Law School (October 2022)
- OneTrust Certified Professional Training (August 2021)
- CIPP/US - Certified Information Privacy Professional - US (April 2021)
- Health Law
- General Corporate Matters
- Corporate Governance
- Data Privacy & Cybersecurity
- Real Estate
- Development & Land Use
- J.D., Dean's List, Suffolk University Law School, 2002
- B.S., Administration of Justice, Rutgers College at Rutgers University, 1995
- New Jersey (2002)