Denise L. Iocco
PartnerNew York, NY
156 West 56th Street
New York, NY 10019
P 212.237.1076 P 212.237.1076 | F 212.262.1215
Denise L. Iocco's practice focuses primarily on estate and gift tax planning, charitable giving, and trust and estate administration. Ms. Iocco advises high net-worth individuals and families in all aspects of estate planning. She has extensive experience in developing tax-advantageous transfers, as well as advising fiduciaries in connection with the management of estates and trusts.
Ms. Iocco is often called upon in situations where sophisticated and sensitive planning is necessitated by multigenerational family considerations. Ms. Iocco brings to bear not only her extensive knowledge of tax but also her excellent interpersonal skills to achieve successful succession plans for family businesses. To effectuate a family business succession plan, Ms. Iocco regularly will work closely with the family's professional advisors to develop and implement the plan.
Ms. Iocco also advises clients on matrimonial issues and structures all forms of marital agreements to ensure that a client's overall estate plan is consistent with any marital agreements being drafted and executed.
Given the stringent requirements and performance standards of fiduciaries, Ms. Iocco also regularly advises executors, trustees and other fiduciaries on a wide range of potentially litigious areas. As well, she handles all aspects of estate and trust administration, including probate, the preparation of estate tax returns, and judicial and non-judicial accountings.
Ms. Iocco is an Adjunct Professor of Estate and Gift Taxation at Fairleigh Dickinson University Silberman College of Business (MS in Taxation Program), and has also lectured at a variety of estate planning forums on a range of topics. Since 2009, she has been designated as a top Estate Planning & Probate lawyer on a listing of New York Metro Super Lawyers*. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters and a description of the selection methodology can be found at the Super Lawyers website. The Best Lawyers in America recognized her in the category of Trusts and Estates (2019-2023 New York, NY edition). Additionally, Ms. Iocco has received an AV Preeminent Attorney Peer Review Rating by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell*. A description of the LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell selection methodology can be found at the Martindale-Hubbell website. She is also a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and previously served on its Committee of Non-Profit Organizations.
* No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- For 2022, Super Lawyers Recognizes 12 Lawyers in New York Metro Edition and 2 Rising Stars - Oct 11, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America 2023 Recognizes 25 Windels Marx Lawyers, 9 Ones to Watch, 4 Lawyers of the Year - Aug 18, 2022
- For 2021, Super Lawyers Recognizes 18 Lawyers in New York Metro and Rising Stars Editions - Sep 30, 2021
- Best Lawyers in America 2022 Recognizes 22 Windels Marx Lawyers, 9 Ones to Watch - Aug 19, 2021
- For 2020, Super Lawyers Recognizes 17 Lawyers in New York Metro and Rising Stars Editions - Oct 28, 2020
- Best Lawyers in America 2021 Recognizes 22 Windels Marx Lawyers, 9 Ones to Watch, 4 Lawyers of the Year - Aug 20, 2020
- Super Lawyers Recognizes 15 Windels Marx Lawyers on New York Metro, Rising Stars Lists - Sep 12, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America 2020 Recognizes 16 Windels Marx Lawyers - Aug 15, 2019
- New York Metro Edition of Super Lawyers Recognizes 14 Lawyers - Sep 13, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America 2019 Recognizes 14 Lawyers, 2 Named "Lawyer of the Year" - Aug 15, 2018
- Super Lawyers New York Metro 2016 Roster Announced - Sep 21, 2016
- Super Lawyers New York Metro 2015 Roster Announced - Sep 16, 2015
- Denise Iocco Named Partner - Aug 7, 2015
- New York Metro SuperLawyers Names 20 Windels Marx Lawyers to 2014 Edition - Sep 23, 2014
- Windels Marx Represented on Super Lawyers' List of Top Attorneys - Mar 25, 2014
- Super Lawyers Honors Windels Marx Attorneys in New York - Sep 20, 2011
- LL.M., Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center, 1992
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1990
- B.A., Binghamton University, 1987
- New York