David Mehl represents both individuals and closely held businesses in matters pertaining to business transactions, tax planning, tax litigation and tax residency disputes. His practice also incorporates estate planning, including the restructuring of the ownership of family companies and structuring agreements that balance the interests of managerial and non-managerial partners/shareholders.
He earned his juris doctor from Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar.
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch - Trusts & Estates (2021-2022)
- Super Lawyers - Tax (2018-2021).
- For 2021, Super Lawyers Recognizes 18 Lawyers in New York Metro and Rising Stars Editions - Sep 30, 2021
- Best Lawyers in America 2022 Recognizes 22 Windels Marx Lawyers, 9 Ones to Watch - Aug 19, 2021
- For 2020, Super Lawyers Recognizes 17 Lawyers in New York Metro and Rising Stars Editions - Oct 28, 2020
- Best Lawyers in America 2021 Recognizes 22 Windels Marx Lawyers, 9 Ones to Watch, 4 Lawyers of the Year - Aug 20, 2020
- Windels Marx Promotes 2 to Partner, 3 to Special Counsel - Mar 9, 2020
- Super Lawyers Recognizes 15 Windels Marx Lawyers on New York Metro, Rising Stars Lists - Sep 12, 2019
- New York Metro Edition of Super Lawyers Recognizes 14 Lawyers - Sep 13, 2018
- Tax Practice Expands with Arrival of Alan Winters, David Mehl - Feb 1, 2017
- Private Client Services, Estates & Trusts
- Joint Venture/Equity Investments
- Real Estate
- Acquisitions & Sales
- General Corporate Matters
- Corporate Formation & Finance
- COVID-19 Response & Resources
- LL.M., New York University School of Law, 2011
- J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia University School of Law, 2010
- B.T.L., Yeshiva Torah Vodaath, 2002
- New York
- United States Tax Court