Amy's practice involves negotiating and closing all types of commercial real estate transactions involving properties in New York City and throughout the United States.
She represents developers, owners, investors, institutional banks, private equity funds, hedge funds and asset managers in matters concerning:
- acquisitions and dispositions;
- commercial mortgage, bridge, mezzanine and construction financing;
- distressed debt;
- joint ventures; and
- workouts and restructurings.
She has extensive experience with analyzing, drafting and negotiating a variety of transaction documents. In addition, she has experience conducting due diligence investigations in connection with complex real estate and finance transactions.
Prior to her arrival at Windels Marx, Amy served as counsel on the following matters:
- Counsel to a pair of real estate debt funds in connection with the origination of senior and junior mezzanine loans pertaining to a mixed-use project consisting of a 180-room boutique hotel, 350 Class A multifamily units, ground floor retail and adjoining parking garage, located on a ground lease in Nashville, TN.
- Counsel to a publicly traded REIT, as buyer, in connection with the acquisition of membership interests in newly created entities that acquired 6 industrial properties located in 3 states, and the concurrent negotiation, on behalf of the landlord, of a master lease of the portfolio to the seller, as tenant.
- Counsel to a collection of publicly traded REITs, as workout counsel, in connection with workouts and restructurings of leasing and mortgage debt related matters across their respective ownership portfolios. Assets included retail shopping centers and power centers located nationally, industrial single-tenant assets located nationally, and office buildings and retail assets located in New York City.
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Finance
- Acquisitions & Sales
- Development & Land Use
- Joint Venture/Equity Investments
- Workouts & Restructurings
- LL.B., Queensland University of Technology, 2010
- B.Bus., Queensland University of Technology, 2010
- New York (2017)
- Queensland, Australia