Complimentary Webinar - Matthew Daus Joins April 30th Webinar Panel, "U.S. & Int’l Transport Regulators Speak Out!"
Free IATR Webinar: What Are Transportation Regulators Doing To Respond to COVID-19?
This Webinar, sponsored by the International Association of Transportation Regulators (IATR) will feature transportation officials from around the world and report on what measures are being taken to safeguard public health and to assist the ground transportation industry in economic recovery. The results of an international IATR survey will be released, highlighting best regulatory practices as well as innovative approaches to service delivery, licensing, fees, insurance and enforcement. Regulators responsible for overseeing taxicabs, limousines, buses/motorcoaches, transportation network companies, paratransit (non-emergency medical transport), food and package delivery and other forms of for-hire ground transportation, shared/micro-mobility and public transit, will be represented. Key transportation professionals from certain geographical areas and hotspots will present their experiences and offer their perspectives on what is being done, what should be done next, and what post-COVID-19 regulations may be put into place on an emergency or permanent basis relating to health, safety, and resiliency. The remaining portion of the webinar will present a panel of national and international trade group leaders from the ground transportation industry, who will report on how business owners, drivers, and passengers have been impacted, what the future may look like, and what government officials could be doing to help the industry and the riding public moving forward.
Date: Thursday, April 30, 2020
Time: 11:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Duration: 2 hours
- Hon. Jim Mullen, Acting Administrator, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA);
- Matthew W. Daus, Esq., President, International Association of Transportation Regulators;
- Aloysee Heredia Jarmoszuk, Commissioner/Chair, New York City Taxi & Limousine Commission;
- Jarvis Murray, Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT);
- Rupal Bapat, Chicago Deptartment of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP);
- David Do, District of Columbia Department of For-Hire Vehicles;
- Sylvain Tousignant, Bureau du taxi de Montréal, Quebec, Canada;
- Jaspal Singh, International Association of Public Transport (UITP);
- Peter J. Pantuso, President & CEO, American Bus Association (ABA);
- Robert M. Alexander, President, National Limousine Association (NLA);
- Thomas Arrighi, President, The Transportation Alliance (TTA, formerly TLPA - the Taxicab, Limousine & Paratransit Association).