Christopher E. Dean
Christopher E. Dean's corporate practice focuses on all aspects of business law, including joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, corporate restructurings, start-up financing, corporate governance, trademark and patent licensing and general corporate matters. Mr. Dean has developed significant proficiency in representing real estate developers and institutional investors in the structuring and negotiation of joint ventures in a real estate context. Mr. Dean regularly represents domestic and foreign institutional clients as well as closely held businesses and start-up entities. Mr. Dean also represents a number of not-for-profit corporations in corporate governance matters.
- Represented the seller in the sale of FCC mobile phone licenses to two large mobile phone service providers in transactions totaling over $60 million.
- Represented the seller of a clinical laboratory business in the sale of the assets of the business to a large clinical laboratory entity.
- Represented an Irish receiver in the sale of the shares of a Delaware corporation which was the majority owner of an ethanol plant in Iowa.
- Represented a large institutional investor in connection with the negotiation of numerous joint ventures with real estate developers throughout the United States.
- Represented a Chinese institutional investor in its investment in a condominium development project in downtown Manhattan.
- Represented a venture capital investor in its preferred equity investment in an internet start-up.
- Represented an affordable assisted living residence owner in the private placement of its limited liability company membership interests and promissory notes.
- Represented a well-known restaurant owner in the formation and negotiation of numerous joint ventures in connection with the opening of restaurants and nightclubs in Manhattan.
- Represented a not-for-profit affordable housing corporation in its role as the sponsor of a $50 million real estate investment fund.
- Represented a large university in the formation of numerous start-up entities to commercialize intellectual property and provided counsel with respect to limited liability company agreements, employee benefit plans, employment agreements and intellectual property licensing.
- Serve as corporate general counsel to a Canadian tobacco manufacturer handling all corporate matters including distribution agreements, supply agreements, manufacturing agreements and financing transactions.
Prior to joining Windels Marx Lane & Mittendorf, LLP, Mr. Dean was an associate in a large New York City law firm in the mergers and acquisitions department. While attending St. John's University School of Law, he was a member of the Law Review.
Memberships and Affiliates
- New York City Bar Association (former member of the Corporation Law Committee)
- Holy Cross Lawyer's Association
CHRISTOPHER E. DEAN
CONTACT | DOWNLOAD VCARD
New York, NY