As a trusted legal counsel to large and small clients, Rita's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation matters, judgment enforcement and all aspects of in- and out-of-court bankruptcy and reorganization proceedings. She is a member of the team that represents the SIPA Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC and the Chapter 7 Trustee of Bernard L. Madoff in connection with the recovery of assets for creditors of Madoff's Ponzi scheme.
Rita has experience in complex commercial real estate, energy, film, day-trading and retail matters. Her forward thinking and imaginative approach has enabled her to provide cutting edge advice on complex e-discovery disputes, all aspects of Chapter 11 proceedings, cross-border insolvencies, plans of reorganization or liquidation, asset sales, preferences, fraudulent conveyances, complex fraud claims, tort and contract litigation, as well as asset recovery and judgment enforcement across numerous jurisdictions.
She has managed a fast paced and diverse practice, handling a voluminous docket of cases and sophisticated clients. Rita brings a strategic mindset with a client-first approach to the table. Her results and service-oriented attitude, efficiency, business savvy and pragmatic approach to problem solving have proven to be invaluable to her clients.
Prior to Windels Marx, Rita practiced at several notable international and regional law firms.
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA) - Board Member
- International Women in Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC), NJ Chapter - Board Member
- Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
- Representation of Trustees
- Representation of Secured & Unsecured Creditors
- Representation of Debtors
- Bankruptcy-Related Litigation & Transactions
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law
- B.A., Economics/Political Science, Rutgers University
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit