Donald R. Young
Prior to his retirement in December 2017, Mr. Young had a distinguished career spanning more than thirty years in estate planning and administration, probate, and business succession planning.
He was a founder and partner at Young Moriwaki & Greenfader prior to its merger into Fox Rothschild. He was also a founder and partner at Todtman, Young, Tunick, Nachamie & Spizz, LLP, and for more than twenty years managed the Trusts & Estates department of that firm.
Mr. Young was formerly with the IRS Gift and Estate Tax Division, where he audited multi-million dollar estates and gifts. He was also the head of the Connecticut General Life Insurance Company's regional Design Office, working with high-level insurance professionals on sophisticated estate and tax planning matters.
Mr. Young is a frequent lecturer at accounting, legal, financial services and insurance seminars focusing on estate and tax planning. He also has taught at the College of Insurance and has contributed articles to a number of legal publications.
- Included in AVENUE Magazine's Legal Elite list of top tax attorneys in New York, NY (2011)
- Dramatic Changes to New York State Estate and Gift Tax Laws - Private Client, Estates & Trusts Legal Update (September 2014)
- Dramatic Changes to New York State Estate and Gift Tax Laws - Aug 26, 2014
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1960
- B.A., cum laude, Clark University, 1957
- New York