Connie Huttner is a trial lawyer whose current practice focuses on trials and appeals involving Abbreviated New Drug Applications. Ms. Huttner has also handled patent cases in other technology areas, including medical devices, computer software and hardware, business methods, wind turbines, cosmetics, electronic devices, coatings and other chemical products and pumps and other mechanical devices. She has also litigated cases involving false advertising, trademark, patent licensing and trade secret matters. Ms. Huttner has also provided non-litigation patent opinions and counseling in connection with mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
Prior to focusing her practice on intellectual property matters, Ms. Huttner litigated cases arising out of contests for corporate control, including hostile takeovers, proxy contests, and shareholder litigation. She has also litigated contract, insurance and other commercial disputes as well as contested bankruptcy matters.
Ms. Huttner received a B.S. in Cellular Immunology from Ohio State University with Honors in the Liberal Arts (1977, Phi Beta Kappa), and a J.D. from Boston College Law School (1980, magna cum laude). While at Boston College Law School, Ms. Huttner was a member of the Order of the Coif and Boston College Law Review. Ms. Huttner was previously a partner at Skadden, Arps, Slate Meagher & Flom and Vinson & Elkins.
- “What Should Defendants Do To Avoid A Finding Of Willful Infringement In The Post-Seagate Era?,” June 17, 2008
- “In re Seagate Technology, LLC: The Federal Circuit Reevaluates the Standards for Proving Willful Patent Infringement, and the Scope of Waiver of the Attorney-Client Privilege Resulting from Reliance on Advice of Counsel,” September 6, 2007
- “Markman Practice, Procedures and Tactics,” Patent Litigation Strategies Handbook, American Bar Association Section of Intellectual Property Law, 2000
- The Best Lawyers in America - Nominated for Litigation - Patent and Patent Law (2012-2020)
- IP Stars, a Managing Intellectual Property guide to the leading IP law firms and practitioners (2019-2020 edition).
* Admitted in New York.
- IP-Hatch-Waxman Act Team Garners Important Victory for Slayback Pharma Against Eagle Pharmaceuticals - May 11, 2020
- Windels Marx IP - Hatch-Waxman Team Wins Trial for Dr. Reddy's Laboratories in Icosapent Ethyl (Vascepa®) - Mar 31, 2020
- Connie Huttner Named to IP Stars 2019-2020 - Aug 26, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America 2020 Recognizes 16 Windels Marx Lawyers - Aug 15, 2019
- Windels Marx IP - Hatch-Waxman Team Wins a Motion For Judgment on the Pleadings for Slayback in Liquid Bendamustine (BELRAPZO®) - May 10, 2019
- Windels Marx Significantly Expands its NJ Practice with the Arrival of a Prominent Intellectual Property - Hatch-Waxman Act Practice Group - Apr 15, 2019
- IP Hatch-Waxman Act
- IP, Technology & e-Commerce
- Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- COVID-19 Resources
- J.D., Order of the Coif, Boston College, 1980
- B.S., Cellular Immunology with Honors in the Liberal Arts, Ohio State University, 1977
- New York
- United States Patent and Trademark Office