Brian W. Kreutter's practice focuses on business reorganizations, restructurings, and bankruptcy litigation. He represents debtors, creditors, and trustees in complex restructuring transactions relating to Chapter 11 reorganizations.
Mr. Kreutter currently represents the SIPA and chapter 7 trustees overseeing the liquidation and asset recovery proceedings of the consolidated estates of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC and Bernard L. Madoff. He is also counsel for the Chapter 7 trustee in multiple adversary proceedings seeking the recovery of monies for distribution by the estate of Philip G. Barry a/k/a Barry Publications.
Mr. Kreutter has additional experience in commercial litigation and labor and employment disputes.
- SuperLawyers New York Metro 2014 to 2017 - Rising Star - Bankruptcy
- Super Lawyers New York Metro 2016 Roster Announced - Sep 21, 2016
- Brian Kreutter, John Tepedino Promoted to Special Counsel - Aug 30, 2016
- Super Lawyers New York Metro 2015 Roster Announced - Sep 16, 2015
- Court Approves $62 Million Recovery Agreement Between Madoff Trustee, Blumenfeld - Dec 5, 2014
- New York Metro SuperLawyers Names 20 Windels Marx Lawyers to 2014 Edition - Sep 23, 2014
- Law 360 Article Covers Lawsuits Filed by Windels Marx as Special Counsel to Madoff Trustee - May 31, 2012
- Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
- Representation of Trustees
- Bankruptcy-Related Litigation & Transactions
- Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Workouts & Restructurings
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2002
- B.A., magna cum laude, American University, 1998
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York