Alan D. Lawn focuses his practice on bankruptcy litigation and business reorganizations and liquidations. He has experience representing debtors, DIP lenders, secured creditors, and unsecured creditors' committees in connection with major chapter 11 cases. He received a Pro Bono Publico Award from The Legal Aid Society in 2009 for his representation of a non-profit Harlem community development organization in connection with its chapter 11 case. He currently represents the SIPA and chapter 7 trustees overseeing the liquidation and asset recovery proceedings of the consolidated estates of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC and Bernard L. Madoff.
While attending New York University School of Law, Mr. Lawn was a member of the Annual Survey of American Law and won Best Oralist and Best Brief in the Orison S. Marden Moot Court Competition.
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch - Litigation-Bankruptcy (2021-2022)
- Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
- Representation of Trustees
- Bankruptcy-Related Litigation & Transactions
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2008
- B.A., Amherst College, 2005
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York