Sanjay Mody's practice spans the areas of infrastructure, real estate, government and finance. He advises public and private sector clients on a range of matters, focusing on complex transactions with a governmental dimension.
Before joining Windels Marx, Mr. Mody was counsel in the Regulatory and Government Affairs practice group at a global law firm. He also served in a prior role as Senior Advisor to the Chairman of the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, where he advised the Chairman on policy, legal, and financial issues relating to the agency's infrastructure and economic development projects, including the rebuilding of the World Trade Center site, airport terminal redevelopment, and a new cross-Hudson rail tunnel, among other significant real estate transactions. Mr. Mody served as a law clerk to The Honorable Michael B. Mukasey, then the Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Advising a significant public authority in New York State on broad range of real estate matters, including potential dispositions of property, asset due diligence, compliance with State procurement and disposition rules, and review of ground leases with multiple commercial and residential developers.
- Advising a global infrastructure fund on sale of maritime property.
- Advising a global infrastructure fund on proposal to develop new airline terminal building.
- Advising a private real estate developer on availability of federal financing programs, including RRIF and TIFIA, in connection with transit-oriented development project.
- Advising airport fixed-base operator in connection with enforcement of use and occupancy agreement.
- Advising international airline on termination of lease at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- Advising public university in New Jersey on international regulatory and compliance issues arising out of faculty and student exchange programs.
- Advised a private sector consortium of financing, construction, and operating entities bidding on the development of a new terminal building at LaGuardia International Airport.
- Advised the developer of a new intermodal facility and retail development in Massachusetts on federal (TIFIA, TIGER) and state infrastructure financing programs.
- Advised a global marine terminal operator on negotiations with a public agency concerning development of a ship-to-rail cargo facility.
- Advised a private water utility on the financing and construction of a new water desalination plant and related infrastructure in upstate New York.
- Advised a private educational institution in New York City on the redevelopment of its existing campus facilities, including potential joint ventures with for-profit developers.
- Advised a private interest in its philanthropic pursuit of developing a sports and recreational facility within a city or state park system.
- Advised multiple public universities on project labor agreements in connection with campus development projects.
- June 2, 2015 - CapRate Events presents The New York Multifamily Leadership Summit - Panel Moderator: The Developer Shift to Metro New York: Analysis of Opportunities Tied to Transit-Friendly Submarkets in New Jersey, Westchester County and Connecticut.
- April 30, 2015 - BisNow Media presents NYC's Emerging Markets Boom - Panel Moderator: The Next Frontiers of Investment and Development: Queens, Staten Island, The Bronx and More!
- "Brown Footnote 11 in Historical Context: Social Science and the Supreme Court's Quest for Legitimacy," 54 Stanford Law Review 793 (2002).
- "National Cyberspace Regulation: Unbundling the Concept of Jurisdiction," 37 Stanford Journal of International Law 365 (2001).
Professional Affiliations & Academia
- New York City Bar Association
- New York Committee, Regional Plan Association
- David S. Rockefeller Fellow, The Partnership for New York City
CONTACT | DOWNLOAD VCARD
New York, NY