Wayne S. Cook, Jr.
Wayne S. Cook, Jr. represents various institutional lenders in real estate financing transactions, including mortgage loans and mezzanine loans. He also represents clients in connection with real estate acquisitions, dispositions, workouts, and restructuring of distressed loans on behalf of borrowers and lenders, and the purchase and sale of various loans. Recently, Mr. Cook's work has included large foreclosure actions and deed in-lieu resolutions in numerous states.
Prior to joining Windels Marx, Mr. Cook worked at a boutique general practice firm as an associate where he focused on representing private lenders and developers in real estate matters. He gained valuable finance and capital markets experience at Prudential Securities and Credit Suisse First Boston before attending law school.
Representations of Note
- Represented an established real estate investment/insurance company in closing over $1 billion of term and or construction loans across the U.S. over the last 15 months.
- Represented Fortuna Realty Group in its acquisition of the Wyndham Hotel in the Flatiron District of New York, NY.
- Served as counsel to a prominent real estate developer in its recapitalization by the California State Teachers' Retirement System.
- Counseled a construction lender in connection with a $158 million loan to two SPEs to finance the construction of two buildings in Los Angeles, CA.
- Bisnow 6th Annual Hotel and Investment Forum - Panel moderator: Acquisitions and Development (April 21, 2016).
- New York Real Estate Journal - "2016 Year in Review Spotlight," (December 20, 2016)
- Law360 - "CMBS Loans In Hard-Hit Detroit, Cleveland, Take Creativity," (November 10, 2016)
- New York Business Journal - "Airbnb: New bill hurts millennials the most as property listings in N.Y.C. decrease," (November 8, 2016)
- Law360 - CMBS Borrowers Waiting For Nonbank Lenders To Emerge," (April 25, 2016)
- Bisnow Media - "Despite Worries About Supply, Some Say NYC Still 'Under-Hoteled," (April 22, 2016)
- Bisnow Media - "Jury Still Out When It Comes to Airbnb's Impact on Hotels," (April 15, 2016)
- Law360 - "Hotels Face Challenges As Wave Of CMBS Maturities Nears," (March 1, 2016)
WAYNE S. COOK, JR.
CONTACT | DOWNLOAD VCARD
New York, NY