Jeanine T. Margiano
Jeanine represents developers in the construction and development of commercial, mixed-use and residential properties, including affordable and supportive housing projects and skilled nursing, assisted living and independent living facilities. Such representation includes all aspects of acquisition, development, construction and financing through the use of tax-exempt bond issuances, government subsidies and grants, construction loans and low-income housing tax credits.
Ms. Margiano serves as general counsel to a number of for-profit and not-for-profit companies, ranging from small enterprises to large international companies, providing advice on myriad of matters such as: formation of business entities; intellectual property; corporate and regulatory compliance; real estate; licensing; financing; employment; privacy and compliance policies; non-disclosure arrangements; asset acquisitions and divestures; and vendor and service-related contracts.
Ms. Margiano also practices in the areas of commercial and real estate lending and municipal finance transactions. She represents numerous institutional lenders on all aspects of secured and unsecured financings, including direct bond purchases in connection with tax-exempt bond issuances to developers, educational and not-for-profit entities, acquisition and construction loans, traditional financings, including lines of credit, participations, and asset-based loans secured by receivables and inventory.
Representations of Note
- Serves as general counsel to a large well-known international travel company on all corporate, licensing and regulatory matters.
- Serves as general counsel to a large, well-known social services organization on all corporate, real estate, compliance and litigation matters.
- Serves as general counsel to a printing press company in connection with financing, leasing and general corporate matters.
- Representation of a family-owned business in connection with a $120,000,000 real estate and business operations sale in the healthcare industry.
- Representation of a nationally-recognized bank in connection with its $20,000,000 construction loan to a New Jersey not-for-profit developer, the proceeds of which, together with NJHMFA funding sources, City of Orange, New Jersey subsidiary debt, FHLB funds and borrower equity, were used to acquire and develop a 113-unit residential complex which includes mixed-income and mixed-use buildings and a parking garage.
- Representation of a lender in connection with a $5,500,000 mortgage loan made to an SPE in connection with the acquisition of a senior living facility in Oregon.
- Representation of a nationally-recognized bank in connection with its private placement of $11,100,000 tax-exempt bonds issued by Build NYC Resource Corporation, which were secured by several mortgages and guaranties and involved over 15 commercial leases.
- Representation of a developer in connection with the sale of three parcels of property and development by the purchaser of community facility space in Harlem.
- Representation of a large not-for-profit organization in connection with the acquisition and renovation of an 88-unit affordable housing complex located in the Bronx, New York through the issuance of low-income housing tax credits and tax-exempt bond financing.
- Representation of a not-for-profit private school in connection with tax-exempt bond financing through Build NYC Resource Corporation.
- Representation of a well-known not-for-profit corporation in connection with the financing and renovation of existing structures at the Ennis Frances Houses and the new construction of an additional 220 unit low-income housing complex located in Harlem, New York with the use of low-income housing tax credits, tax-exempt bonds and other subsidy debt.
- Representation of a for-profit developer in connection with the issuance by the Orange County Funding Corporation of $35,515,000 in revenue bonds, the proceeds of which were used to finance the acquisition, construction and equipping of a new 130-unit assisted living facility for elderly persons of low-income.
- Representation of a nationally-recognized bank in connection with the making of a $45,500,000 loan to a local developer for the acquisition of four hotel Marriott and Hilton properties located in Maryland.
- Representation of a nationally-recognized bank in connection with the issuance of a $200,000,000 revolving line of credit to an apparel company, secured by a pledge of foreign stock and inventory and receivables of the borrower and its affiliates.
Memberships and Community Leadership
- A Chance in Life (f/k/a Boys' and Girls' Town of Italy) - Board Member
- Non-profit Coordinating Committee of New York (NPCC) - Associate Member
While attending Hofstra School of Law, Ms. Margiano served as a member of the Moot Court Association.
- Named among the "Women in Real Estate 2014," an annual review conducted by the New York Real Estate Journal.
- SuperLawyers Metro New York 2014 - Rising Star - Business Litigation and Real Estate
JEANINE T. MARGIANO
CONTACT | DOWNLOAD VCARD
New York, NY