Sophia Alvi represents clients in a range of real estate matters, ranging from large commercial properties to single-family residential homes.
She is involved in the negotiation and drafting of purchase and sale agreements, leases, condominium declarations, offering plans, operating agreements and other organizational documents.
Ms. Alvi has also worked on behalf of developers, sponsors and purchasers in real estate finance matters.
While in law school, she was a member of the International Comparative Policy & Ethics Law Review.
- Participated in the representation of a developer in obtaining a construction loan to finance a condominium development with both residential and commercial units.
- Acted as special condominium counsel to a joint venture in connection with the acquisition of a large hotel and retail component in a mixed-use condominium in midtown Manhattan.
- Represented mortgage and mezzanine lenders as special condominium counsel in connection wtih project finance loans in New York, NY.
- Assisted in managing the unit sale process for more than 20 condominiums within a new development.
- Prepared due diligence and title analysis for purchasers of condominiums and single-family homes.
- Member, New York City Bar Association