Sherbune Paul focuses her practice on transportation related matters including (but not limited to): litigation, regulation and technology and administrative law.
Prior to joining Windels Marx, Ms. Paul was the Supervising Attorney of the Appeals, Recruitment, Training and Seizures Unit (ARTS) at the NYC Taxi and Limousine Commission. In that role, she was responsible for the hiring, supervision and training of Prosecuting Attorneys and Uniformed Services Bureau Enforcement officers. In addition, she evaluated summonses, reviewed Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings decisions to draft and submit appeals and filed vehicle forfeiture proceedings and subsequent motions with Supreme Court.
Prior to the NYC Taxi and Limousine Commission, she was an Agency Attorney with NYC Administration for Children's Services, a Student Attorney at the NYLS Civil Rights Clinic, and a Legal Intern in the Criminal Immigration Unit of Brooklyn Defender Services.
- Haitian American Lawyers Association of New York - President
- New York Law School Alumni Association - Board of Directors
- Civil Service Bar Association (Local 237 Teamsters) - Former Board of Directors
- New York Law School:
- Graduation Honors - Dean’s Award for Student Leadership, Moot Court Order of the Barristers, Award for Public Service, Impact Center Social Consciousness Award
- Clinical Programs - Safe Passage Project (2L), Civil Rights Clinic (3L)
- Honors & Awards - 2016 Diversity Champion, Dean’s List (Fall 2015, Fall 2014), Dean’s List High Honors (Spring 2015), Max & Dora Saltz Scholarship, Bailey Foundation Scholarship, Public Interest Fellow, John Ben Snow Scholarship, 2015-16 NEBLSA Chapter-of-the-Year
- Activities - Black Law Students Association (President, 2014-2016), NEBLSA Pre-Law (Director, 2015), Impact Center Affiliate, Immigration & Nationality Committee, Robert M. Cover Public Interest Retreat (Lead Organizer, 2016), Charles W. Froessel Moot Court Competition (Best Brief, Best Team, Quarter-Finalist), Domenick L. Gabrielli National Family Law Competition (Coach, Octo-Finalist), First Generation Professionals (Founder), LALSA (member), Racial Justice Project (volunteer)
- State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Activities - Teaching Assistant (LDS 101), Black Womyn's Weekend Play Writer's Guild (2011-2012 President, 2010-2011 Treasurer, 2009-2010 Production Assistant), Resident Assistant / Langmuir College, Resident Assistant Council / H Quad Representative, Student African American Brotherhood (Member), Diversity Professional Leadership Network, Haitian Student Association (Member), Rise Again Haiti SBU (Senior Advisor 2012, Vice-President 2011), Gospel Choir