Mallary focuses her practice on public finance, with a particular focus on financing projects involving governments (including counties and housing authorities) and not-for-profits (including schools, colleges, senior living centers and hospitals). She works closely with clients to understand their financing needs and to develop a plan to best meet those needs. She also works closely with banks, underwriters and other counsel to ensure a successful closing for every transaction.
Ms. Lerner monitors the bond marketplace and has a strong understanding of the ever-changing financial rules and standards for banks, underwriters and other issuers, as well as the rules that impact governments, not-for-profits and other borrowers.
Prior to joining Windels Marx, Ms. Lerner practiced public finance with a prominent national law firm. Prior to that, she clerked for a Denver District Court judge.
- Served as bank counsel on a $21 million floor-plan credit agreement.
- Served as bank counsel on a $28.7 million refinancing of tax-exempt indebtedness funding for Goodwill locations throughout Colorado.
- Served as bank counsel on more than $10 million in loans to finance the acquisition of certain yachts.
- Served as bank counsel on loans ranging from $3.6 million to $23.4 million to support pre-construction development of residental communities in Colorado, including certain loans used to acquire water rights.
- Served as bank counsel on multiple construction-to-perm financings for 4% and 9% LIHTC projects, for which the financing amounts ranged from $12.3 million to $21.2 million.
- Served as bond counsel on $12.5 million in tax-exempt bonds to finance senior living facilities throughout the Midwest and Rocky Mountain regions.
- Served as bond counsel on $28.1 million in tax-exempt bonds to finance senior living facilities in Colorado.
- Served as bond counsel on $22.2 in tax-exempt bonds to finance an independent living community in Colorado.
- Served as underwriter's counsel on $47.7 million in tax-exempt bonds to finance student housing for a private university in California.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- New York City's C-PACE Program is About to Launch - Apr 6, 2021