Lauren Sisson is an Associate, resident in the New York office. Her practice focuses on bankruptcy and related matters. She is is a member of the team which represents the SIPA Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC and the Chapter 7 Trustee of Bernard L. Madoff in connection with the recovery of assets for creditors of Madoff's Ponzi scheme.
Prior to Windels Marx, Lauren was a Law Clerk to the Honorable James R. Sacca in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia. Prior to that, she was a Legal Intern in the United States Attorney's Office, District of New Jersey; a Judicial Intern to the Honorable Theodore A. McKee in the United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit; and a Judicial Intern to the Honorable Michael B. Kaplan in the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey.
While in law school, her pro bono work included the Planning Estates Project (Student Leader) and the Hon. Judith H. Wizmur Bankruptcy Project. She was Staff Editor of the Journal of Law & Public Policy, a participant in the Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot and a LAWR Teaching Fellow.
- Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
- Representation of Trustees
- Representation of Secured & Unsecured Creditors
- Representation of Debtors
- Bankruptcy-Related Litigation & Transactions
- J.D., Certificate in Business & Corporate Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Rutgers Law School - Camden, 2018
- B.S., Legal Studies, magna cum laude, University of Maryland, 2011
- New Jersey (2022)