Mr. Weinstein is a commercial litigator who has experience representing businesses and individuals in both federal and state court actions,and in alternative dispute resolution forums throughout the country. His practice covers nearly all phases of litigation, from initial fact investigation and drafting pleadings, through discovery, motion practice, trial, and post-trial briefing. His practice is primarily focused on litigation involving contracts, business torts, and real estate.
- Defeated multiple motions to dismiss claims for breach of contract, fraud, unjust enrichment, trespass, and conversion in a dispute brought by a homeowner against their contractor.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a property owner dismissing a complaint seeking a prescriptive easement over a neighboring property and damages for trespass.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a property owner dismissing a complaint seeking to foreclose on a construction lien filed against the property and discharging the lien from the property.
- Integral member of a trial team that successfully obtained a multi-million dollar trademark infringement verdict in favor of an international clothier.
- Integral member of a trial team that successfully obtained a jury verdict that resulted in the complete dismissal of all claims against a real estate developer.
- Enforced and collected multiple judgments, each exceeding $100,000.00, against commercial tenants and clothing manufacturers.
- Obtained favorable settlements in multiple actions brought under the Telephone Communications Privacy Act (“TCPA”).
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a non-profit organization following a real estate dispute with the organization’s former tenant following extensive motion practice.
- Effectuated service of process on numerous international entities and persons pursuant to the Hague Service Convention.
- Effectuated service of a non-party subpoena on a real estate broker who sought to evade service, which led to the deposition of the real estate broker and ultimately the complete dismissal of all claims against a real estate developer.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law
- B.A., Politics and History, New York University
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York