Mr. Gulati represents financial institutions, real estate developer-owners, and nonprofits with public-private partnerships, particularly with redevelopment and affordable housing financing transactions. He also represents governmental agencies with inter-agency and real estate ventures. He also serves as the General Counsel at Invest Newark.
Before joining Windels Marx in 2019, Mr. Gulati was a Deputy Attorney General in the New Jersey Division of Law, where he focused on real estate and public finance transactions, including representing the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency on multifamily transactions and the New Jersey Infrastructure Bank on its water and transportation infrastructure financing programs.
Before the Division of Law, Mr. Gulati was an Assistant General Counsel at New York City Housing Development Corporation (“NYCHDC”) where he represented the agency in financing the new construction or preservation of over 2,000 units of affordable housing in New York City. Mr. Gulati began his career as a Housing Fellow at NYCHDC and its sister agency, the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development.
- Council Member for the Borough of Hightstown (January 2023 to Present)
- Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of the Borough of Hightstown (January 2019 to January 2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch - Banking and Finance Law (2024), Nonprofit / Charities Law (2024), Real Estate Law (2024) and Public Finance Law (2024).
- Analysis of The New Jersey Economic Recovery Act of 2020 - Aug 21, 2023
- COVID-19 - The Main Street Lending Program: Treasury Advises That Program Will Not Be Extended Past December 31 - Nov 20, 2020
- Potential Impact of Office of the Comptroller of the Currency’s New Final Community Reinvestment Act Regulations on Affordable Housing - May 26, 2020