David Yohay's practice focuses on all forms of commercial litigation, including extensive experience in civil litigation in the New York state and federal courts. He represents financial institutions in FDCPA, FCRA and TILA claims. He also prosecutes and defends real property actions involving title, title coverage, lien priority and complex contested foreclosure disputes.
Prior to Windels Marx, he was a litigator at prominent national and regional commercial law firms.
While at the University of Miami School of Law, he was a member of the University of Miami Inter-American Law Review.
- Hawthorne v. New Century Mortg. Corp., 207 A.D.3d 528 (2d Dep’t 2022)
- U.S. Bank Nat’l Ass’n v. Hawthorne, 207 A.D.3d 590 (2d Dep’t 2022)
- Marrero v. U.S. Bank Nat’l Ass’n, 2022 WL 523903 (S.D.N.Y. Feb. 22, 2022)
- HSBC Bank USA, Nat’l Ass’n v. Sage, 196 A.D.3d 1016 (3d Dep’t 2021)
- Helm v. PHH Mortg. Corp., 193 A.D.3d 420 (1st Dep’t 2021)
- Sage v. HSBC Bank USA, Nat’l Ass’n, 2021 WL 1062590 (N.D.N.Y. Mar. 19, 2021)
- J.D., Dean's List, University of Miami School of Law, 2012
- B.B.A., Dean's List, National Scholastic Honor Society, Phi Eta Sigma, Emory University, Goizueta Business School, 2009
- New York (2013)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (2013)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York (2013)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York (2019)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (2019)