Anandita Vyakarnam focuses her practice on patent litigation, opinion work and client counseling in the pharmaceutical and health care fields.
Ms. Vyakarnam has particular expertise in Hatch-Waxman litigation, having represented both branded and generic drug companies. She has also litigated patents in the chemical, biotechnology, medical device, cosmetics and consumer products areas. Her experience includes a variety of other patent-related matters, including licensing, contracts, intellectual property due diligence in mergers and acquisitions, client counseling concerning strategic ANDA filings and opinion work regarding patent validity, infringement and freedom to operate.
Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- Member American Intellectual Property Bar Association
- Member New York Intellectual Property Bar Association
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 2002
- Ph.D., Michigan State University, 1996
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Patent and Trademark Office