Abe focuses his practice on commercial real estate matters, including:
- joint ventures,
- commercial leases,
- debt financing and lending transactions,
- negotiation of operating agreements,
- limited partnership agreements and
- other joint venture documents for real estate funds, managers and developers.
Mr. Sutton also has experience representing middle-market companies across sectors in matters pertaining to:
- complex M&A,
- corporate financing, and
- corporate, governance, and securities law compliance.
He has represented private and public companies and private equity clients in connection with corporate transactions including stock and asset acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, recapitalizations and other business reorganizations.
- Assisted with the representation of real estate portfolio manager focused in the hospitality industry in connection with its $438 million disposition of 126 properties located in 26 states across the country. The properties were acquired by the client as part of their acquisition of a 772-property portfolio.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in connection with an $85 million acquisition and financing of an office building with ground floor retail in downtown Brooklyn.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in structuring and entering into a joint venture with three real estate funds with respect to their $1.3 billion purchase of an office building in midtown Manhattan.
- Represented a large real estate fund in its corporate restructure.
- Represented a real estate management firm in its £42.5 million acquisition of a mixed-used building in London. Negotiated equity financing with a non-institutional lender and other accredited investors.
- Represented a private equity firm in its $60 million acquisition of a food service company and its debt financing with an institutional lender.
- Represented a real estate developer in its $59 million acquisition and development of a 19-story residential building in downtown Brooklyn, including construction financing and its joint venture with a real estate investment company.
- Represented a national hotel operator in its $85 million refinancing of three of its hotels located in Texas and Rhode Island.
- Represented a private equity firm in its $25 million purchase of a professional employer organization.
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Finance
- Acquisitions & Sales
- Joint Venture/Equity Investments
- Development & Land Use
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Financial Transactions
- Corporate Finance & Syndicated Lending
- Middle Market Lending
- Corporate & Securities
- J.D., Order of the Coif, magna cum laude, Fordham University School of Law, 2012
- B.S., Finance, summa cum laude, Yeshiva University, Sy Syms School of Business, 2009
- New York
- New Jersey