Craig D. Gottilla
Craig D. Gottilla represents and advises clients on a broad range of employment, insurance and commercial disputes. His recent experience includes:
- securing a successful verdict for the buyer in a breach of real estate contract action, including a court dismissal of the seller's claims and a judgment in favor of the buyer for the return of the deposit plus costs and attorneys fees;
- obtaining summary judgment against an employee alleging sexual orientation discrimination and wrongful termination;
- obtaining a no cause jury verdict on an insurance agent malpractice claim;
- obtaining dismissal of a policy holder's complaint for bad faith and consumer fraud; and
- representing the SIPA Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC and the Chapter 7 Trustee of Bernard L. Madoff in connection with the recovery of assets for creditors of Madoff's Ponzi scheme.
Within the real estate sector, Mr. Gottilla has represented developers, contractors, businesses and individuals on land use, environmental, construction and real estate litigation in both federal and state courts. He also has extensive insurance coverage experience and represents the Mid-Jersey Municipal Joint Insurance Fund on insurance coverage matters.
Mr. Gottilla is a member of the New York and New Jersey State Bar Associations and a member of the Haydn Proctor American Inn of Court.
Mr. Gottilla represented Rutgers University School of Law - Camden at the 1999 Judge John R. Brown Admiralty Moot Court Competition in San Francisco and was recognized as one of the top 20 oralists. Upon graduation, Mr. Gottilla served as the law clerk to the Honorable Clarkson S. Fisher, Jr., who was then the presiding judge for the Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division. At Marist College, he was a Presidential Scholar and recipient of the Anne Reilly Scholarship.
CRAIG D. GOTTILLA
CONTACT | DOWNLOAD VCARD
New Brunswick, NJ