F. Robert Brusco
Rob Brusco is a partner in the Real Estate practice group and a returning alumnus of Windels Marx (1997 to 2004). He is a real estate professional with over 20 years of experience and strong industry relationships in the commercial real estate sector.
Rob's practice focuses on the representation of major investment banks, lending institutions, real estate funds, developers, investors and operators in all types of commercial real estate matters such as acquisition, disposition, financing, joint venture and leasing transactions. He has negotiated, structured and closed over several billion dollars of large scale, complex real estate debt and equity transactions. His experience includes loan participations, sales and syndications as well as real estate asset restructurings, work-outs and recovery.
From 2004 to 2012, Rob held various business and legal roles at Lehman Brothers both prior to and following its bankruptcy. Most recently, he was a Managing Director at LAMCO LLC (a wholly owned subsidiary of Lehman created after its bankruptcy filing). There, Rob led several teams responsible for the asset management, restructuring and workout of over $3 billion of real estate positions owned by the Lehman estate. Prior to the bankruptcy, he was responsible for originating, structuring and closing mortgage, mezzanine and construction financing, equity investment and line of credit transactions in Lehman's Global Real Estate Group.
Rob is fluent in Italian.
- Multi-party structured settlement of one of the largest consolidated bankruptcy cases filed in California resulting in ownership and/or control of 15 West Coast land developments with an initial investment value in excess of $2 billion.
- Closing of a $100 million mortgage financing and $30 million equity investment to acquire a multiple parcel land assemblage in Southeast Washington, D.C. for the development of a mixed use project consisting of a 250,000 square foot office tower, 250,000 square feet of residential apartments, a 200-key boutique hotel, 50,000 square feet of retail space and an additional 500,000 square feet of developable FAR.
- Syndication of a $150 million mezzanine loan secured by equity pledges in entities owning a portfolio of 19 hotels among multiple lenders.
- Repositioning of an impaired 300-unit condominium development and land assemblage located in the Financial District of Manhattan by initiating foreclosure proceedings on $450 million of mortgage and mezzanine debt, having a receiver appointed to manage the project, structuring and negotiating a $20 million general construction contract for work to be performed at the project and formulating a strategy to preserve critical zoning approvals benefitting the project.
- Closing of $630 million of senior and subordinate mortgage loans to refinance a 1.8 million square foot office tower located in midtown Manhattan.
- Negotiated settlement of a syndicated debt facility on behalf of the lender syndicate holding a $235 million first mortgage position resulting in the bankruptcy auction of 3 West Coast land developments by the bankruptcy trustee.
- Closing of a $7.5 million acquisition and pre-development loan on behalf of a joint venture between multiple regional real estate developers for the purchase of the former Hahnes department store located in Newark, NJ.
Article of Note
- New York Real Estate Journal's "2013 Year in Review" (December 24, 2013-January 13, 2014)
F. ROBERT BRUSCO
CONTACT | DOWNLOAD VCARD
New York, NY