Daniel Pocchiari has a broad-based, multi-disciplinary, commercial real estate background with extensive experience in such varied practice areas as:
- fee and leasehold mortgage financing,
- construction financing,
- real property sales and acquisitions,
- commercial-office and retail leasing,
- restaurant and franchise restaurant leasing
- ground and net leasing for project development,
- zoning and air rights transfers and
- related matters, including title practice, construction agreements, use agreements, licenses and easements.
Representative Matters of Note
- Represented a prominent academic institution in its 18 year, 55,000-square-foot lease at 333 Seventh Avenue in Manhattan, a deal that the March 19, 2014 Commercial Observer named the "Lease of the Week."
- Represented a national financing provider as purchaser of $36 million of tax-exempt bonds, with proceeds being used by a not-for-profit entity to construct a 188-bed assisted living and memory care facility, a recreation facility for residents, and a guest house for visitors.
- Advised an international business company as lender's counsel in connection with the closing of an extension and modification to an existing $168 million loan that provided financing for the acquisition and assemblage of 11 mid-town Manhattan fee parcels, the air rights appurtenant to 14 additional parcels and the pre-construction planning and development for the International Gem Tower.
- Represented a New York City real estate developer in the net leasing of a Manhattan tower to a single corporate tenant, aggregating net rentals in excess of $322 million.
- Negotiated and drafted ground leases, development agreements and construction contracts for the building of such diverse projects as a senior citizen assisted living facility and a state office complex.
- Handled such transactions as the purchase of 450 cooperative and condominium apartments by a major investment bank.
- Counseled on the acquisition by an industrial-mining corporation of a $250 million interest in a Montana copper mine complex.
Memberships, Pro Bono & Academia
Mr. Pocchiari has served as a member of the Committee on Commercial Leasing of the Real Estate Section of the New York State Bar Association.
His pro bono work has extended to matters as diverse as political asylum, a battered women's shelter, and a cooperative housing program for the urban poor.
While attending New York Law School, he was awarded a merit scholarship in his senior year. He also served as research editor for the New York Law School Law Review.
CONTACT | DOWNLOAD VCARD
New York, NY